V-Mac Wake Frequency Software
The long awaited PTC 19.3 TW-2016 is a completely new standard that establishes the practical design considerations for Thermowell installations in power and process piping. This code is an expanded version of the Thermowell section contained in the PTC 19.3-1974, and incorporates the latest theory in the areas of natural frequency, Strouhal frequency, in-line resonance and stress evaluation.
Intended for piping designers, instrument engineers, instrument designers and plant I/C engineers/designers, plant engineers, plant safety engineers, process engineers, Thermowell manufacturers, instrument manufacturers, anyone who assembles Thermowells, bids or design specifications, and regulatory agencies.
Your requirement is to ensure your Thermowells are designed to meet the standard.
This time saving program will ensure you are compliant while saving you time. This program can also be customized to print your company’s information.
Key enhancements over the 1974 edition:
- Expanded coverage for thermowell geometry;
- Natural frequency correction factors for mounting compliance, added fluid mass, and sensor mass;
- Consideration for partial shielding from flow;
- Instrinsic Thermowell damping;
- Steady state and dynamic stress evaluations;
- Improved allowable fatigue limit definition
We have been using Mac-Weld for over 20 years and find them a true team vendor with quality, a great supplier.
Mary J., OEM manufacturer of Instrumentation