Mac-Weld Machining Ltd. an international leader in the manufacturing of instrumentation components, serving industry in the oil and gas, power generation and waste water applications. Our ability to deliver uncompromising quality, precision products, on time and at a fair price truly sets us apart from our competition. We know this. Our customers around the world know this. Now, it is time for everyone else to know this.
Mac-Weld Machining Ltd. is seeking a Quality Control Inspector
Skills & Responsibilities
- Perform regular quality assessments on all outgoing products for shipping.
- Read blueprints, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products.
- Measure product dimensions, examine functionality and compare the final product to the specifications.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Report problems or concerns to management immediately.
- Conducts in-house testing including but not limited to; Hydro Testing, Hardness Testing and Dye Penetration Testing
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of experience in a quality role preferably in manufacturing
- Experience in a manufacturing facility an asset
- Strong math and technical skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach in the workplace
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of ISO 9001: 2015
This is a full-time day position in our Sarnia facility where the individual may be required to work weekends and overtime from time to time
Signing Bonus: New employees will receive a signing bonus of $500 after successfully completing their three month probationary period, and $1000 after one year of continuous employment. The employee must be on active payroll for the entire timeframe to qualify
Mac-Weld Machining is a privately owned company. We are proud of our connected and engaged culture, and our warm and welcoming environment. To the right individual we offer a competitive salary and benefits, annual clothing allowance and pension.
Mac-Weld is committed to diversity, employment equity and inclusion in the workplace. If you need an accommodation during the recruitment process because of a disability, please inform our recruitment team when applying so that we may provide assistance